Sunday, March 15, 2015

Re-Emerging

House of Cards - this new season's so good (despite the lack of Baltimore background scenes). I am watching with a friend and being really disciplined waiting for the next one.
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt  - the opening song gets so stuck in your head. There are some funny parts
Black Mirror got a bit too intense and creepy for me.
Food, Inc. a review of a lot of the issues with agribusiness; not much I didn't already know, but a pretty good reminder of why I'm vegan.
Fresh off the Boat - This show's still pretty funny.
Last Man on Earth - Only two episodes into this one, and it's just okay.
Top Chef - Finally got to finish out the season - it had a good, exciting finale.
Broad City - This show is so hilarious. I'm re-watching the first season, too.
The Nightly Show - I came around about Larry Wilmore. I still skip most of the panel discussions, but the first half of the show is always really solid and funny.
American Denial- A remarkable documentary about racism, particularly focusing on the social/psychological dimensions as well as some fascinating history studying those issues.
Seeking Asian Female - I heard a radio program about this, and the movie itself was good but I wish it had gotten a little more into the phenomena at the beginning before turning to the particular story.
Putin's Way - Another amazing Frontline investigative report into Russian corruption.
Good Wife - After a long break, it's back! Hooray!
Bob's Burgers - I could skip the musical one, but the other one episodes this last month have been great.
My book club picked a winner this month with Burial Rites - not something I would normally pick up, but I am really glad I read it. Can't we talk about Something More Pleasant was hard to read (and hard to get from the library). I guess I would like to stay living in denial a bit longer about the issues it confronts.

No comments:

Post a Comment